The Faja and Nelson Labs at the Labs of Cognitive Neuroscience at Boston Children’s Hospital have a student intern position open to assist on a multisite project with 6- to 11-year-old children on the autism spectrum. Responsibilities will include assisting in study visits, behaviorally supporting children on the autism spectrum, collecting surveys from parents, data entry and lab maintenance. Students interns will have the opportunity to learn about electrophysiological data acquisition (EEG and eye tracking), clinical and cognitive assessments, neurodevelopmental disorders, research methodology, and attend seminars on topics such as professional development and atypical child development.
- Undergraduate student majoring in psychology, cognitive science, neuroscience, or related field, as well as a part- or full- time summer commitment, with potential for continuing part in the fall
- Availability for flexible scheduling including evenings and weekends to facilitate visits with school-aged children
- Previous experience with children
- Computer skills including working knowledge of PC and Mac operating systems
- High level of motivation; ability to work independently and as part of a team; excellent communication, organization, and attention to detail
Preferred experience includes:
- Knowledge of psychophysiological/electrophysiological recording and/or eye-tracking measures
- Previous experience with autism spectrum disorder
- Previous experience working in a research setting
- Experience with data entry and management
- Knowledge of basic statistics software and basic experimental presentation and collection software
To apply, please submit: (1) Letter of interest; (2) CV/Resume to Aksheya.email@example.com
Candidates being considered for this position will be asked to provide 2-3 references.
For further information please contact Aksheya Sridhar, firstname.lastname@example.org.