The Infant Studies Lab at the University of Notre Dame seeks a full-time Project Coordinator. The start date of this position is as early as possible, but ideally no later than June 1, 2018. Note that the appointment is relatively short-term – through December 2018.
The lab is directed by Dr. Jill Lany, and its members consist of a hardworking team of graduate and undergraduate students. More about the lab can be found at ndinfantstudieslab.com
The Project Coordinator will aid in carrying out NSF funded research projects on the development of early language skills. Managing the project includes diverse responsibilities, including scheduling and supervising other researchers and research assistants; recruiting participants; data collection, coding, and preparation for analyses; maintaining computers and data collection equipment. We are seeking applicants with the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or a related field
- One or more years of significant experience working in a research laboratory
- Good computer skills (e.g., proficiency with Word and Excel are essential; proficiency with one or more other packages (e.g., SPSS, R, Matlab, etc.) is desirable)
- Experience and comfort with working with digital audio files, pictures and movies, as well as interfaces between software and hardware for creating and displaying such stimuli
- Experience working with infants and/or children and their parents
The following qualities are also essential to the position:
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple tasks and projects
- Willingness to learn new skills and acquire new responsibilities
- The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
Compensation is based on Notre Dame pay scales, and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The compensation package includes benefits.
Please send: (1) CV or resume, (2) cover letter detailing interests, relevant experience, and future educational or career goals, and (3) contact information for three references to: Jayde Homer email@example.com.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.