The Learning and Brain Development Lab at Tulane University (https://lbdlab.tulane.edu), directed by Dr. Julie Markant, is seeking a full-time research assistant/lab manager to coordinate and conduct research with infants, young children, and adults. The lab manager will be responsible for daily operations of the lab and will work closely with Dr. Markant and graduate and undergraduate students in the lab.
The lab manager will contribute to all aspects of multiple research projects examining the development of attention and memory. Primary responsibilities will include coordinating participant recruitment, supervising undergraduate research assistants, and collecting and analyzing data using a variety of techniques (e.g., eye tracking, genetics). The lab manager will also assist with administrative duties and have the opportunity to contribute to study design and manuscript preparation.
– Demonstrated interest in developmental and/or cognitive neuroscience research
– Bachelor’s degree in psychology, child development, neuroscience, cognitive science, or a related field
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially with families
– Ability to work independently
– Organized and detail-oriented
– Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office) and willingness to learn additional computer skills
– Previous experience in a developmental or cognitive neuroscience research lab
– Advanced computer skills (e.g., knowledge of SPSS, Filemaker Pro, Matlab)