The Thirty Million Words Initiative at the University of Chicago is looking for a Research Support Assistant to transcribe videotaped parent-child play sessions recorded in our longitudinal randomized controlled trial (RCT). The transcripts prepared from these sessions serve as the basis for multiple analyses through which we will evaluate the effectiveness of our Thirty Million Words-Home Visiting curriculum. The position involves meticulous attention to detail, fluid use of multiple computer programs, and ability to maintain high accuracy of transcription of aural files over extended periods of time.
- Prepare saved video files for transcription using Datavyu software for CLAN software analysis.
- Prepare verbatim transcriptions of conversations between parents and young children using CHAT procedure.
- Maintain high reliability with transcription team.
- Save videos and transcripts according to TMW lab data organization methods.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with transcription and/or coding preferred.
- Background in Linguistics preferred.
- Proficiency with computer programs required.
- Ability to understand and process aural information with high accuracy required.
To apply, please submit an application at jobopportunities.uchicago.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=235487