Hiring Lab Manager: Berkeley Early Learning Lab directed by Professor Fei Xu, Psychology, UC Berkeley
We have a 1-year position opening for Lab Manager (~30 hours a week) starting in June 2017. The position entails recruiting and scheduling participants for our studies (ages 12 months to 12 years), aiding in the testing of infants, coding data, overseeing undergraduate research assistants, monitoring and ordering lab supplies, working with local schools and children’s museums, and working in a collaborative fashion with Dr. Xu, graduate students and post-docs to maintain the ongoing smooth functioning of the lab’s activities. Applicants should be very motivated, highly organized, enjoy interacting with parents and young children, and get along well with graduate students, undergraduates and post-docs in a cooperative group situation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or a related field
- Previous research experience and previous experience working with children
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, and organizational skills that are essential for interacting with parents, researchers, and department administrators
- Managing participant database
- Preparing IRB and CPHS protocols
- Experience with data analysis
Please contact Phyllis Lun (email@example.com) and Prof. Fei Xu by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in the position. Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.