The Thirty Million Words Initiative at the University of Chicago seeks a part-time Research Specialist to assist with statistical analyses of TMW studies. At the direction of the Research Director for the lab, the individual will manage and clean data sets, conduct statistical analysis, write up study findings, and perform other data-related tasks as assigned. The candidate must be a team player who is highly organized, analytic, detail-oriented, and possesses a strong ability to problem-solve.
- Manage and maintain organized data sets for active and complete studies
- Prepare data sets for statistical analysis
- Conduct statistical analyses on data sets at the direction of the Research Director
- Clearly communicate analytic findings with Research Director and research team
- Prepare written reports of statistical analyses and findings in clear, concise, and timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to the research being conducted required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with statistical analysis software (R, SPSS, or STATA) required.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct analyses to examine the effectiveness of longitudinal RCT studies, for example but not limited to, multiple regressions (mediations/moderations), linear mixed model, required.
- A minimum of one year of relevant research experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines required.
- Ability to manage data from multiple projects required.
- High attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative required.
- Knowledge in relevant scientific field required.
- Knowledge of research techniques or methods required.
- Knowledge of regulatory policies and procedures required.
- Analytical skills required.
- Problem-solving skills required.
- Organizational skills required.
- Verbal and written communication skills required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
To apply, please submit your application materials here: jobopportunities.uchicago.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=234505