About Delos Labs:
Delos Labs is a highly dynamic and interdisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, and health professionals passionate about improving occupant health through improved indoor environmental quality. We work closely with experts in academia and industry to advance our understanding of how buildings and behavior impact human health and well-being.
Delos Labs’ responsibilities are organized into primary and secondary research. We conduct secondary research across a wide array of disciplines analyzing how environmental, behavioral, and metabolic factors impact human health, comfort, and performance. This research drives the discovery and development of new solutions and preserves the organization’s high standards of scientific integrity across all divisions of Delos.
We conduct primary research through our unique research facility, The Well Living Lab in Rochester, MN, a collaborative enterprise in partnership with Mayo Clinic. The Well Living Lab is the first scientific research center to use exclusively human-centered research to investigate the interaction between health and well-being and indoor environments. We conduct research aimed at fostering the creation of healthier indoor spaces in which we live, work, and play.
The Behavioral Research Associate position will assist in the Well Living Lab’s primary objective of broadening the scientific and practical understanding of how indoor environments and human behavior interact to impact occupant health and wellness. This position leverages the unique resources of the Well Living Lab – the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, and Delos Labs in New York, NY. The Behavioral Research Associate will support senior behavioral scientists in designing and conducting research that broadens our understanding of the human experience in built environments. The position offers an opportunity to join a highly interdisciplinary team and collaborate with research and clinical scientists, IT specialists, and business professionals to help develop research programs that further the mission of Delos and the Well Living Lab.
- Conduct literature reviews on new findings, methodologies, and technologies related to human behavior, productivity, satisfaction, comfort, emotions, well-being, and sleep
- Assist in the design and execution of research protocols
- Assist in the collection and analysis of behavioral data
- Assist in the design and implementation of tools, surveys, and materials to help capture participants’ data
- Assist with preparation of IRB documents
- Coordinate and assist with any activities required to run an active research laboratory
- Bachelors, or Masters degree and at least 2 years of work experience (including research towards an honors thesis or independent research project) in the psychological or behavioral sciences, including: Cognitive Psychology, Social Psychology, Applied Experimental Psychology, Health Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Personality Psychology, Neuroscience, Anthropology, or Behavioral Economics
- Knowledge of experimental design for behavioral research
- Data entry and basic data analysis knowledge and experience, including experience with statistics packages such as R, SPSS, and SAS, and experience with analyses including ANOVA, regression, correlation
- Experience working with human participants in IRB-approved protocols
- Experience working in a research setting
- Ability to thrive in self-managed and team-based work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a collaborative, constructive outlook
- Ardent detail-orientation, organizational skills, and commitment to delivering high quality work
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Genuine interest in understanding how to improve health and well-being in the built environment
- Interest in understanding how design and the environment can impact human behavior and performance
- Experience conducting research both in the laboratory and in the field
- Experience with survey creation or validation
- Experience testing participants using online platforms such as Qualtrics, Amazon Mechanical Turk
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter through the following link: https://delos.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=86
Please note: applications must include a cover letter for consideration.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.