We are seeking a bright, motivated Senior Research Associate to help coordinate a new NIH funded longitudinal study. If you know experienced individuals at your institution looking for a great next opportunity in research, could you please forward the details? Interested candidates can email Kelly.Boone@nationwidechildrens.org directly, sending a CV and cover letter.
Detailed Job Description
Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day research and administrative activities for a 4-year NIH-funded, multi-site longitudinal study of mealtimes, parent-child interaction, growth and development across the toddler to preschool period. Specific duties include: daily planning, implementation, and oversight of multi-faceted project; conducting research in line with established research protocol guidelines; trains, schedules, and supervises local research staff to recruit eligible families and implement study protocol; monitors recruitment and retention; coordinates study visits at NCH and in participants’ homes; manages documentation of study operations; collects data from children and parents; administers developmental assessments of children, sets up and collects data using video-recording equipment; communicates regularly with all project personnel and investigators; manages data; coordinates and provides administrative support for staff and researcher meetings and conference calls; monitors and maintains inventory and purchases study materials and participant incentives; prepares Institutional Review Board applications and ensures IRB compliance; functions as manager for the overall project research activities; identifies issues during study implementation and proposes solutions; documents decisions clearly and completely; reviews and updates the study procedure manual on a regular basis in concurrence with supervisor; assists with drafting, editing and dissemination of research reports and manuscripts; provides on-call coverage for research staff. Other duties as assigned. Reports to principal investigator team. The typical working hours for this position are 11-7:30 with flexibility to accommodate data collection efforts with families.
- A earned Master’s degree in a field related to child health and development and with 1-2 years’ experience in research with data collection involving participant interaction or Bachelor’s degree in a field related to child health and development with 2-3 years of post-graduate research experience or certification and experience may be considered in lieu of formal education
- Experience with related research procedures
- Very comfortable working with young children and diverse families
- Outstanding written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to function independently
- Able to develop schedules and procedures for research staff
- Flexible and creative problem solver
- Attention to details with adherence to protocols
- Must have valid driver license, vehicle, car insurance, and a clean driving record (employee will be reimbursed for work-related mileage per federal and institutional policies)
- Must be able to participate in interactive play with small children and to move/carry items (up to 25 lbs) for brief periods.
- Experience with data analysis is not required but would be beneficial
- Experience with research study coordination/project management
- Experience with statistical analysis software (e.g., SAS) and online data collection tools (e.g., REDCap)
Why come to Nationwide Children’s Hospital? Nationwide Children’s Hospital is one of the fastest growing children’s hospitals in the U.S. and the largest based on patient volume. We have 12 multi-disciplinary Research Centers and rank in the top 10 for NIH funding among our peers. Our research is built on strong collaborative ties with The Ohio State University.
Why move to Columbus OH, of all places? Columbus is now one of the hot cities for young professionals looking for great career growth and excellent quality of life with a low cost of living. Learn more about Columbus, OH from Why All the Cool Kids Love Columbus, Ohio, Best Cities for Millennials, and BuzzFeed!